Koch Nitrogen Company and its affiliates are committed to operating in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees, the public and the environment. Koch Nitrogen is among the best in the industry when it comes to safety performance, and continually strives to improve environmental performance by reducing waste and increasing process efficiency.
Here are some of the awards Koch Nitrogen Company and its employees have earned:
- Stewardship Award for Safe Shipping
Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company
- Safe Handling Award, Ft. Dodge, Iowa
Canadian National Railway Company
- Thoroughbred Chemical Safety Award
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Read more about Koch Nitrogen Company's environmental, health and safety performance.
Like all Koch companies, Koch Nitrogen is dedicated to supporting efforts that add value to our communities and help attract and retain quality employees. Here are just a few examples of this community stewardship:
- A gift of $65,000 from Koch Nitrogen Company and hundreds of volunteers from Koch companies will build one of the first Habitat for Humanity homes in Greensburg, Kan., which was destroyed by a tornado in 2007.
- In Enid, Okla., Koch Nitrogen Company has donated $25,000 to the Denny Price Family YMCA. The funds will be used to help build a new fitness center to benefit the community's youth.
- A Koch Nitrogen Company challenge grant will fund the purchase of a washer/extractor and dryer to clean the Fort Dodge, Iowa, Fire Department's protective gear. The $10,600 challenge grant includes $5,000 from Koch Nitrogen and $5,600 raised by the City of Fort Dodge.
- At its Dodge City, Kan., facilities, Koch Nitrogen Company has spent nearly $40,000 on projects to reduce water consumption by 40,000 gallons per day.
- Employees at several Koch Nitrogen facilities work with the Local Emergency Planning Committee, participating in or sponsoring events.
- Donations from Koch Nitrogen in Dodge City, Kan., and Fort Dodge, Iowa, helped provide local emergency responders with new safety and cleaning equipment.